Sunday, April 29, 2012

Brenda Novak Online Auction

I enjoy helping causes and one that I feel needs more attention is Juvenile Diabetes research. Every May author Brenda Novak executes a wonderful online auction to help fund research for this disease.

This year I was a donating fiend! Below is a list of the items I've donated to and there is an overall grand prize tot he person who bids the most but not necessarily buys the most. So check out the home page: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Home.taf

And here are all the awesome gift baskets and ereader deals I donated to:

Brenda Novak Auction info

I have several donated items to the Brenda Novak online Auction for Diabetes that is running the month of May. Stop by and bid on my tote bag, ereader  cover, books, chocolate and $75 in gift cards and your dog becoming a character in my mystery series.

Or the Sweetheart Basket with one of my books and other western authors.

Or the basket from Romancing the Genres with one of my books and other goodies from authors of Romancing the Genres.

Or I donated money and one book to three ereaders up for bid.

And a Kindle Touch through Hearts Through History with my short Christmas story

6 comments:

Savannah Chase said...

I'm doing the auction this year as well. It is such a fantastic event.

Paty Jager said...

Savannah, It is an awesome cause!

Danita Moon said...

Hi Paty. This is Danita I'm one of Brenda's volunteers and we wanted to thank you for helping us spread the word about the auction and for the wonderful items you've donated. Savannah I'm looking forward to reading the books that I have on my list that you've donated this year. We have some fabulous items and there is something for everyone. We truly appreciate your support and all the other participants. Thank you again for helping us make a difference.

Paty Jager said...

Danita, You are very welcome!

Danita Moon said...

May 27, 2012-It's A Twitter Party!!!!

Brenda Novak's Online Auction For Diabetes Research will be having a final Twitter Party on May 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM PST hosted by Julie Rowe from Carina Press and will last until 2:00 PM PST. One lucky tweeter who uses the hashtag #bnda during the hour will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Be sure to follow @bnovakauction to be part of the Twitter Party. More details to follow.

Danita Moon said...

I’ve always dreamed of being a writer. Since being a volunteer on the auction and seeing all the fantastic items that have been donated for writers I’ve made up an imaginary wish list of items if I were to live out my dream as a writer. I thought I’d share that with you: The Complete Author Package Book Collection from COOL GUS PUBLISHING (Bob Mayer & Jen Tatly) (Current Bid: $34), Contract Review from Agent Marisa A. Corvisiero of Corvisiero Literary Agency (A) (Current Bid: $67), Submissions Workshop (3 Weeks Online) POLISH YOUR PARTIAL SUBMISSION from Document Driven (Current Bid: $30), NEW!!! Lawson Writer's Academy: Ten Online Classes! Donated by Margie Lawson ($350-$400 Value!), (Current Bid: $130), First Three Chapters of Your Novel Edited by Document Driven ($420 value!) (Current Bid: $42), Up to 20 HOURS of Consultation Time with Forensic Expert Tom Adair!! ($3500 value!) (Current Bid: $140), "MICROSOFT WORD FOR WRITERS" Workshop Lesson by Catherine Chant, (Current Bid: $35), YOUR BIO (Short!), Written by Donna Erickson of AFLAIRFORWRITING.com (Current Bid: $12). These are all the items I believe I would need to start my career as a writer.