Friday, January 24, 2014

Where I've Been

In case you were wondering where I've been; I not only write about Alaska, I travel there. Hubby decided in December we should visit kids and grandkids in Alaska this month. I'd been lobbying for Hawaii, but family won out over sunshine and warm sandy beaches.

First we visited our son and his family in Wasilla. It was cold and overcast most of the time. Sun came up about ten in the morning and set by four in the afternoon. We spent most of our time there inside. We drove to visit a friend my husband grew up with and took a walk around the neighborhood with the grandkids. We spent five days with that family and then flew to Kodiak to visit our daughter and her family.

View of the Kodiak Coast Guard station from Pillar Mountain

Boat docks on Near Island from Pillar Mountain

View from our daughter's living room.

Insulation we're helping install in the house they re building.








No comments: