Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Christmas in July

It's kind of crazy but after finishing the last book of the Halsey Homecoming series, I jumped right into writing the Christmas story that will wrap up the Halsey series.

I hadn't planned to write this story now and only knew it would be about Shayla, Aileen's daughter in Miner in Petticoats.  She's now nineteen, it's 1904, and she's coming home after being in England with her brother, Colin and his wife, Livie, from Staking Claim.

Writing a Christmas book when we've had nearly 100 degree days for over a week would seem a bit awkward but it's working out quite nicely. When I started writing this story, all I knew about the story was Shayla, her coming home, and she'd find a husband all while reconnecting with the Halsey family.

The hero Mace Walker popped into my head with very little stewing and brewing. In fact, none! I sat down and started the story with Shayla and her friend Randal from England putting the Eldredge Runabout into a snow bank on their way to Sumpter. Along came a man on a horse, who turned out to be the hero.

From there the story has rolled off my fingers easily, and I'm very happy with the results. You'll find this story in October.

Right now you can find another Christmas short story available through Amazon only. You can get it FREE if you are a prime member or for $.99.

Secrets of a Christmas Box


Isabella’s plans of a wonderful Christmas are thwarted when her father hands her a World Intelligence Agency mission. He allows Tino to help her with the mission, so they can be together. As the days hasten to Christmas can she decipher the wooden cube she’s been handed or will her first Christmas with Tino be a bust?

 Kindle U.S. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Christmas-Box-Isabella-Adventure-ebook/dp/B00XCZ60OA


Isabella and Tino met in the Guatemala Jungle in Secrets of a Mayan Moon. They found their missions intersecting in Secrets of an Aztec Temple. This Christmas story takes place before Isabella meets with her aunt at the Hopi Reservation and becomes entangled in Hopi myths and human slavery in Secrets of a Hopi Blue Star.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see how it wraps up! I love the name of the hero!

Paty Jager said...

HI Maggie! Thanks! The name was on a list I keep of old names that I read in books and find on headstones in cemeteries. The name popped right out when I was trying to think of a name.