Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Facebook Parties- The New Rage

There are some things about the internet I like. One of them is participating in Facebook Parties. I can be in my jammies and sipping hot cocoa, but I tell everyone online, I'm in a slinky red dress and I'm drinking a strawberry daiquiri.  It's just like Brad Paisley's song about the five foot nothin', balding, live at home guy who is a GQ model when talking to people online.

Except, I love the online parties because I'm more comfortable typing words than saying them. I'm an introvert and not having to see whether I'm engaging or not, works well for me. ;)

The Facebook parties I'm participating in, two are for groups I'm part of and one is my own Holiday Party for readers.

The first party is October 21st with the authors of the Silver Belles and Stetsons Western Christmas Anthology. We will be partying and giving away lots of goodies.

   
https://www.facebook.com/events/1495239124109720/
The next party is being hosted by the authors of the Cowboy Kisses Blog I participate in:
This will be October 28th. Again, you'll get to chat with authors and win prizes.
I don't have a graphic for this one but I do have the URL and time. https://www.facebook.com/events/630313463764223/  It starts at 9 am and runs till 4 pm Mountain Time, so you'll have all day to jump in and join the fun. My time is from 12:30 to 1:00 Mountain Time

And the final party is my Holiday Bash- It will last 2 hours from 4-6 PM on November 8th.  I'll have guest authors from different genres:  Kathleen Rice, Cindy Jones, Sally Carpenter, Amber Foxx, Courtney Peirce, Judith Ashley, Lauri Robinson, Lyn Horner, and Anna Brentwood. I'll open and close the party and these authors will each have ten minutes to visit with you and give away prizes. I'll have the goodies and hot chocolate with Peppermint Schnapps. If you want something more bring it to the party and tell us about it. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/events/395782610615399/  
I'll be giving away books, a pair of earrings, and a goodie bag with some of my swag, books, and homemade goodies. 

2 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

I will keep these dates in mind. We head south tomorrow for Arizona and my internet times will be less predictable but if I am where it's possible, I'll be at them for the reasons you mentioned. It's nice to be able to get to connect with the writers in a casual way.

Paty Jager said...

Hi Rain! Have fun in Arizona! Hopefully, you can hit one or all of the parties. They should be fun!